Friday, March 27, 2009

If Today Was Your Last Day

2 wake sessions, 2 funerals and 2 cremations
1st time for me at least goin through all these in 5 days
its never easy seeing your loved one passing on
one of my best friend's grandma's funeral was today and when they sang the song 'amazing grace'
it just brought back the memories from my dad's...
it was sorta the main song for the funeral back then
come to think of it, it has been almost 13 years since then
funny thing's the song 月亮代表我的心 just kept playing in my head earlier XD
i guess cause it was my mom's favourite song and she kept listening to it for some time after my dad was gone

i miss the times my dad took me to marine parade to fly kites (literally :P),
i miss the times he would get me to sing with him canto pop karaoke songs during the weekend,
i miss the times he would just teach me about the engine parts while we were waiting in the car,
and i sure as hell miss the times he played all the games on the sega 16-bit console with me
unfortunately, all this happened when i was just a small kid and he was gone when i was 7
you never know whacha missin till its gone
but i appreciate the lesson cindy gave me on fatherhood on monday :)
it was a really fruitful one and its nice knowing there's someone looking over you somewhere out there =D

treasure all your loved ones people...
appreciate them for the one and only special person they are
and give them all the love you can!!! =D

Each day's a gift and not a given right
Every second counts cause there's no second try

No comments: